5 Injuries Chiropractors Can Help with after a Car Accident
There are 6 million car accidents in the United States every year. In Washington alone, there are more than 111,000 each year. Even a small accident can be a traumatic event that leads to a wide array of injuries. Many of these injuries become ongoing, resulting in chronic pain, disability, and interrupting your normal life. If you are struggling with an auto accident injury, our team at Nordquist Family Chiropractic in Puyallup can provide the treatment and pain relief that you need.
How Chiropractors Can Help After an Auto Accident
Auto accidents can result in a variety of injuries due to the sudden and often extreme forces in the accident. Chiropractic care is very effective at treating the following common auto accident injuries:
- Back pain and neck pain: Back and neck pain are the leading causes of missed workdays around the world. Those types of pain can easily be caused by a car accident. During a wreck, you may experience strain, muscle pulls, nerve damage, and spinal injuries in your back. These injuries can cause pain right away or it can develop into a chronic condition. If left untreated, this condition could interfere with the rest of your life.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is also referred to as a neck strain or sprain. It is the most common injury a victim of a car accident experiences. Whiplash happens when your head and neck move in one direction and then suddenly in another. This whip-like motion ends up overstretching your joints, muscles, and neck, as well as your upper back.
- Inflammation: Trauma from a car accident can lead to inflammation throughout our bodies that can make even the smallest injury seem more painful. A chiropractic adjustment will help reduce inflammation and the pain that comes with it.
- Herniated discs: This injury occurs when the hard exterior of your spine is damaged, causing the soft inner fluid within the disc to seep out affecting the surrounding area. This type of injury can result in pain, weakness, and numbness in the area or your limbs.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissue connects your skin, muscles, bones, ligaments, and organs. In a car accident, your soft tissue can be torn, leaving you with pain and soreness.
Get Chiropractic Care for Your Auto Accident Injury in Puyallup, WA
These injuries are quite common after an auto accident. They can all be treated effectively through chiropractic care. Best of all, our treatment plans do not rely on pain medication or invasive procedures like surgery. Call our chiropractors at Nordquist Family Chiropractic today at 253-445-3000 to schedule an appointment for your customized treatment plan.